Monday, July 26, 2010

Pluots

We order our groceries from Fresh Direct for many reasons. We live in the city and it's much more convenient than lugging our groceries home on the bus. They also have a much larger selection than the supermarkets close to us. Mainly, though, it's because every time we order from them we get a free fresh produce of the day. I can't tell you how exciting it is. Sometimes when I order food I purposefully forget something so I'll have to order more the next day and get more free surprise fruit!



Through this I was also introduced to donut peaches. Which are basically just peaches that look squashed down into a sort of donut shape. This week, however, I was introduced to one of the most delicious fruits I've ever had. The Pluot!



Its very very delicious. The internet says it is a hybrid of a plum and an apricot but tastes closer to a plum. I think the outer layer tastes like a grape but less sour, the middle layer tastes like a plum and the last layer tastes like an apricot that's lost some of it's flavor. I like it because this way I can enjoy a grapey taste without making faces every time I eat one.



So tasty I ate the entire thing. Usually I get bored and give up half way through.



Pluot:
Calories: 80
Carbs: 19g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 15g
Tastiness: 6/10

Bonus: We also got a free can of banana strawberry baby food. Not actually as exciting, and definitely not on purpose. I know one of us will eat it within the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Pluots are my new favorite food!

    Watch out i might come and eat all of yours!

    ReplyDelete