Sunday, August 22, 2010

An Adventure Through the Rain

outfit

Yesterday I was sick all day in bed, so today Mitch and I decided it was a good idea to venture out of the apartment.  Even if it meant trekking through the rain.  When we left it was just drizzling so we took our awesome pink umbrella and got on the bus, intending to go thrifting.  Took the bus to 86th st. and got out to walk from there.  As we got we realized the drizzle had turned into a downpour.  Turning this into a real adventure we made our way out into the rain.  Of course we were not prepared for the rain, I had on flip flops and Mitch had on his toe shoes so our feet were soaking wet.

Too bad that when we got to our destination it was a huge disappointment.  We went to the goodwill on 2nd avenue and 88th st.  I was expecting a normal thrift store experience.  Instead, everything was about 10 times as expensive as they should have been.  They had rain boots, which I was thinking of getting for the walk home for $15!!!  I might pay that for new rain boots but certainly not used boots.  Crazy right?  There are fantastic thrift stores in Cambridge so I desperately want to find a great one here.  There must be too, this is NYC.  That’s my new project, find a great thrift store.

No comments:

Post a Comment