Monday, August 9, 2010

Renaissance Food

Yesterday we went to the Renaissance fair, which was awesome.  I’ll post pictures and talk more about it soon.  For now I want to talk about the most important part of the fair, the food!!!  I think I did pretty well not going crazy with the food.  Although what I did have was pretty crazy in of itself.

lunch

Of course for lunch I had to have a turkey leg and mead.  This picture is a pretty fair representation of it.  Although I didn’t actually have mead with lunch because that stand was OUT!!!  We ended up running all over the fair looking for mead.  Which I don’t actually like that much, it’s far too sweet.  But really, it’s not a renaissance fair without mead.

The rest of the day went ok.  All I had was lots and lots of beer.  Which ended up being about 3 beers.  Again, it’s not actually a renaissance fair if you’re not completely drunk, especially when throwing axes, arrows, and camels are involved.

For supper I wanted to go to a restaurant we passed by on the way there called Hog Heaven.  I was so excited.  In my mind it looked like this:

hogheaven

Turns out I was exactly right.  And it was delicious. 

The only splurgy type thing I ate was funnel cake, but after walking around for 6 hours in the heat I think I deserved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment