Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So Proud of Myself

Slight warning, this post is a little bit TMI so if you’re squeamish you might want to skip ahead…

 

So last night I was all pumped up to go for an epic bike ride today on my brand new bike.  Unfortunately my period thought that last night would be a wonderful time to stop by.  Normally getting one’s period doesn’t hamper activity, but I haven’t gotten mine in over 4 MONTHS.  It has been tortuous.  This is how I’ve looked for the past month:

preperiod

This was me all day:

period

Period cramps suck.  But when you haven’t had your period in 4 months they come with a vengeance and are unbearable.  So I decided to put my bike ride on hold for the day and just rest until they go away.

Then Mitch came home, we had supper and I took a few more Tylenol.  I was feeling surprisingly ok and needed a new book to read so we decided to take a leisurely bike ride to the bookstore.  We couldn’t find the first one so we crossed Central Park to go to the one we knew of.  When we got back I tracked our route and it turns out that we rode for 6 miles!!!  That’s my second longest trip in one go yet! And on a day when all I wanted to do was lie in bed and complain.  Hopefully tomorrow I feel a bit better and can go out during the day for awhile!

Here’s our route for today:

image

We did ride on the car road through Central Park which was slightly scary.  Otherwise everything was fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment