Friday, August 27, 2010

Fletcher Diet Experiment Day Four

Tacky Prom and NYC 036

Today did not go very well.  I woke up, had a banana for lunch (100 calories), and decided to go for a bike ride to the Central Park Zoo.  It wasn’t a far ride at all, about 2 1/2 miles, but it almost killed me.  I think that the combination of only eating 500 calories yesterday, only having a banana for lunch, and the crazy hill that is 5th avenue was too much for my body to take.  So even though I wasn’t hungry yesterday or even after my lunch today, my body still needed more fuel before doing physical activity.  I will just have to do a better job of monitoring my calories before exerting myself.

After getting to the zoo I walked around for blocks to try and find coke.  I needed some fast energy and coke seemed like a good solution, even though the zoo only had pepsi.  Please, I’m not wasting 200 calories on pepsi. 

I got back from the zoo, riding 6 miles total on my bike, with the absolute worst headache in the world.  I took some tylenol and took a nap.  Mitch came home with supper, I was going to have chicken and rice but the deli was out of it so I just told him to get me a cheeseburger.  This is where the diet fell apart.  I felt to horrible to think about eating and ate more than I needed without even enjoying it.  Later on tonight I was hungry and all I could think about was food.  It became obsessive, and I started to get anxious at the thought of not having a turkey sandwich.  I decided that the anxiety wasn’t worth it, and had the turkey part of the sandwich, the bread was gross, and a coke.  Overall today it was about 1300 calories which isn’t bad normally, but a lot more than the past three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment