Monday, August 16, 2010

New Bike Path Excitingness

I went for a bike ride on Friday and decided to head uptown on the bike path instead of downtown like I usually do.  It was such a good idea.  The bike path between about 110th st. and 125th. st. is beautiful.  There are no barriers between the path and the river, so there’s gorgeous scenery and smells.  It was such an amazing ride.

My Route: (about 11 miles)

image

Here are some pictures from the ride:

My Beautiful Bike:

IMG_0309

On the bike rack in the park by 125th st.  I didn’t actually realize that the path extends past this point, but I’m excited to try one day when it’s nice out.

A Seagull:

seagull

The rocks separating the path from the river:

river

Pretty right?  It’s funny that the majority of my pictures of riding around Manhattan are so scenic.  

Also, when coming home I encountered this ridiculously long and steep hill.  But I actually made it up the entire way, which impressed me at least:

hill3

2 comments:

  1. OH NO!!! the hill monster is back!

    also i like your new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hill looks a lot gentler in that picture than it is in real life! OMG it killed me :-(

    ReplyDelete