Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Renaissance Costume

costume

I love making costumes for Renaissance fairs, nerd conventions, parties, really any occasion.  This time I wanted to make a bodice that laced up the back and a puffy skirt.  I went to Mood to look for fabric, but couldn’t find any stiff fabric that wasn’t crazy expensive.  Then I decided to just go downstairs and check in the upholstery section.  And voila, I found this fabric on sale.  Sure it’s probably for a sofa and not at all Renaissance appropriate but it’s so much fun!!!  The bodice was a pain to make, and the back didn’t come out like I wanted because I didn’t use enough boning.  But it worked for the day.  I’ll be able to fix it up before wearing it again.

The skirt was just cheap fabric that I bought a ton of since it was so cheap.  I pulled it together at the last minute so it’s not the best but it worked.  It was also super comfy which is important when walking around for six hours in the sweltering heat.  Also, got the umbrella half to keep the sun off of my freshly painted face and half cuz it was just so pretty.

1 comment: